Unique opportunity to acquire an existing large scale plantation estate; invest in greenfield plantation establishment in a low risk, high quality woodfibre growing region; and partner with a proven forestry manager and a leading Australian processer and exporter of woodchips.
The seller is seeking expressions of interest from parties to:
- Acquire a ~ 10,500 hectare short rotation, eucalyptus forestry estate on predominantly
freehold land located in the Central Victoria, Heytesbury and Otways regions in Victoria
- Provide a binding commitment of capital over a five-year period to fund the acquisition and
development of future greenfield forestry assets (Greenfield Assets);
- Enter into a long-term, collaborative partnership with the seller for the ongoing operation
and growth of the Brownfield Assets and Greenfield Assets including:
- Entering into a 35 year offtake agreement with the seller in respect of all hardwood
timber produced from the Brownfield Assets and Greenfield Assets, on a transparent
pricing basis; and
- Entering into a long term management agreement under which the seller will provide
operational and administrative management services in connection with the Brownfield
Assets and Greenfield Assets.
Qualified parties will be required to execute a non-disclosure agreement and then have the ability to submit a non-binding indicative offer (NBIO) based on the receipt of a process letter, information memorandum and financial model. NBIO's are due no later than 5pm AEST on 31 January 2022.
Note NBIO's will only be considered from parties who:
- Submit an offer regarding all elements of the opportunity outline above;and
- Do not require approval under the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975 (Cth) and
the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Regulation 2015 (Cth).
Decision on sale
The seller reserves the right (without notice) to cancel, suspend, modify or deviate from this process at its own absolute discretion at any time or from time to time.