Relocate - Yes you can work from home and start that new rural lifestyle
Retire - Downsizing but not ready to move into town yet?
Holiday - Your next family holiday property
Expand - Standalone addition to existing property for expansion
Garratt presents an opportunity to acquire 78.05ha (192 acres) on the Jugiong Creek with livestock infrastructure and a country home just an easy 15 min drive from the Hume Highway and the popular Jugiong Village.
Garratt is a picturesque property from the initial entry you overlook the property from an elevated position providing 180 degree views and then drive through the center in a southerly direction while gently falling into the Jugiong Creek which wraps around the property and the Garratt home.
The Garratt home is positioned to enjoy views down the winding Jugiong creek from your living area, whilst in front of the wood fire in a well maintained country home. This comfortable country home offers 3 bedrooms and office, 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas, dining and modern electric kitchen whilst set amongst exiting gardens that enjoys the peace and quiet, solitude and privacy that surrounds this property.
For the past 32 years Garratt has been a sheep and cattle grazing property taking advantage of seasonal and livestock market opportunities to determine its running capacity. The Garratt soils are predominately sandy red granite with alluvial rich creek flats and scattered stands of large healthy white box, yellow box and red gum eucalypt trees.
On average based upon previous stocking rates Garratt would have an estimated carrying capacity of 4DSE*. This could be easily increased with a pasture management and fertilizer program.
The livestock water is provided from frontage to the Jugiong creek plus a water reticulation system from the creek to an overhead tank for troughs and garden water.
Existing infrastructure includes a timber 3 stand wool shed with O/H gear, 3 phase power and steel sheep yards. Steel cattle yards and loading ramp. An iron lock up storage machinery shed plus hay shed and new iron lockup work shop with concrete floors and storage bays.
Garratt presents an opportunity to acquire a rural lifestyle property in a tightly held area of productive agriculture holdings with all the necessary infrastructure to start your next rural enterprise.
• 22 Solar panels on the roof provide the power for daily use plus goes back into the grid.
• 3 phase power.
• Telstra mobile coverage
• Satellite internet - Sky mesh provider
• Roadside mail available 3 days per week
• School bus collection on the McMahons Reef road to Harden High school and Primary schools
• Doctors and Hospital - Yass, Harden, Young and Gundagai. Specialists services available in Canberra & Wagga Wagga
• Grocery Shopping - Harden, Young, Jugiong, Yass
• Post office - Jugiong, Harden, Binalong
• Hotels and restaurants - Jugiong, Harden, Binalong, Yass
• LGA - Hilltops council, Young.
• Garratt is 22km's from the Hume Highway, 26km's from Jugiong 75km's to Yass, 30Km's to Harden and 34km's to Binalong via both sealed and maintained gravel roads.
Further details are provided on the Garratt brochure.
Inspections are with the agent only and all parties will need to provide the relevant detail requested to ensure we maintain a Covid safe experience.
Auction Friday 29th of October 11am on site.
Pre-Auction Registrations and Covid safety details will be required to ensure we maintain a Covid safe event.
Inspections contact Phill Butt 0417 411 105 and Sally Butt 0400 817 794
*approximately buyers should make their own enquiries