“Smiths” - 1200ac – 486ha (approx)
Located in south western Victoria “Smiths” provides the astute buyer the chance to purchase a significant parcel of land either as a whole or in two equally sized lots. The property is suitable for increased pasture production to support a grazing enterprise or progressively developed to include some broad acre cropping. Located on the boundary between the Western District and the southern Wimmera the land has good access to both Hamilton and Horsham for both merchandise supplies and livestock sales.
While no working improvements remain on the property it presents the ultimate blank canvas to develop as required without having to work around existing infrastructure. Power is available on the southern portion adjacent to approx 21ha of forestry species plantings for both carbon credits and timber production. The scattered red gums provide a park like environment that is both pleasant on the eye and productive in potential. Soils are typical of the district being grey sandy loams over orange clay. The land is gently undulating and highly trafficable allowing for full development of the properties.
Water security is provided by existing runoff gully dams as well as access to the Rocklands channel with further scope to develop other catchment dams given the topography of the land.
Strong commodity prices and low existing grazing/ cropping land supply make inspection of this property a must for those commencing or expanding their agricultural base
• 2 equally sized lots located south of Les Mutchs Rd, Telangatuk.
• Predominantly open grazing/ cropping land with scattered paddock trees of mainly yellow gum & box with some redgum stands.
• Magnificent outlook over the Glenelg River Valley. Direct access to the Glenelg River via grazing licence.
• 21ha* of advanced specialty timber plantings for future harvest. 60ha* of retained native vegetation with a further 42 ha* of native vegetation with sparse coverage.
• Additional grazing licences of 270ha* pass with the property (subject to approval). Power is available on the SE corner of the property.
A great opportunity to develop a significant sized parcel of land to suit individual requirements. Grazing/ Cropping or pure lifestyle – the choice is yours.
Note: 'Smiths' is adjacent to 'Rocklands' & would make an ideal addition to the Rocklands property currently being marketed through Charles Stewart.
Expression of Interest: Closing October 1st 2021
Andrew Dufty 0419 842 929
*approx area only