1002AC/ 406 HA
Located on an easterly rise with commanding views of the Grampians in Victoria's western district, Warrayure is an excellent example of early Western Victorian homesteads. First taken up as part of the Mt Sturgeon Plains Run by Alexander Cameron, the property
transferred to Stephen Henty in 1860 who owned Warrayure until his death in 1872.
Designed by notable architect of the time John Shanks Jenkins, the 5 bedroom homestead (circa 1860) is constructed of local bluestone. In addition to the homestead there is a 3 bedroom cottage in good order. An extensive range of outbuildings including woolshed, stables and coach house (all designed by Jenkins) were constructed at
the same time as the homestead and are in very good condition. The property has three titles.
Extensive supporting infrastructure includes three machinery sheds plus an additional building with extensive equine facilities, steel sheep yards, steel cattleyards and 4 silos of approx 1500 bag capacity all in very good condition.
A high level of water security is provided with 11 dams and 6 bores providing the water supplies to the property.
Warrayure is well suited to a range of agricultural pursuits including wool and sheep meat production, cattle grazing and cropping.