Large scale dairy farm - 1012 acres - 409.5 hectares - situated in the renowned high rainfall Heywood area with the added advantage of irrigation (688 mega litre license). Currently managed as a corporate dairy farm under an organic management regime, milking between 400 - 500 cows, but has milked up to 700 cows. Suited for that purpose or a family operated dairy farm, alternatively, highly suited and adaptable for a beef breeding and fattening operation.
- Well maintained residences include 2 x 3 bedroom homes plus separate living quarters for casual employees.
- Centrally located 50 unit rotary dairy with 15,000L vat , 600 - 700 head flood wash cow yard & auto feed system.
- Huge hay shed with 500 roll capacity plus other machinery shedding.
- 75 ac /30 ha under as new pivot irrigation, plus hydrants for traveler and hard hose for approximately another 100 ac /40 ha. Hydrology tested for second pivot site. 688 mega litre irrigation license.
- Excellent farm layout with wide well formed and maintained lane ways to all paddocks.
- Uniformed subdivision of approximately 70 paddocks with road frontages on three sides.
- Versatile run of country with heavier black loam soil types running onto well drained grey and red loam banks.
- Indicative rainfall of approx. 34"/850ml PLUS annually.
- 5 silage bunkers.
A rare sized land parcel in this diverse high rainfall agricultural district. Centrally situated to South Australia (Mt Gambier 80km), The Deep Sea Port of Portland (40km), the regional center of Warrnambool (120km) and the service center and town of Heywood (18km).