• Ideally situated highly regarded Woolsthorpe livestock, grazing & fattening country - 35km Warrnambool.
• Currently carrying 120 cows plus replacements - around one cow and calf per hectare. Facilities for sheep.
• Central lane way for ease of management - pressurized recently upgraded stock water supply to all paddocks.
• Attractive and extended four bedroom weatherboard home with dual living areas set in picturesque park like surrounds with established trees and very well maintained gardens.
• Farming improvements include bugle timber and steel cattle yards suited for one man operation. 2 stand GI woolshed. Large 4 bay machinery shed with power, 2nd machinery shed & hay shed.
PERFECTLY POSITIONED IN RENOWNED COUNTRY HIGHLY SUITED TO BEEF CATTLE, DAIRY INPUTS &SHEEP - GENUINE SALE, OWNERS RETIRING
Full Listing Details are as Follows:
“MARANDEE” - 315 AC/127.5 HA
603 Woolsthorpe - Hexham Road, Woolsthorpe VIC 3276.
Warrnambool (35km), Woolsthorpe (12km), Mortlake and new livestock exchange (26km).
Woolsthorpe school bus at front gate, bus to Warrnambool schools (6km) at Caramut Road. Mail and Post 5 days per week.
One title - All freehold. Road lease 15 acres or thereabouts for $10 per year.
Home and Surrounds
Four Bedroom extended weatherboard home. Entrance hall/front entrance, modern kitchen, St George electric stove, dishwasher, WIP. Dual living areas – large extended area off kitchen (north facing) R/C A/C (as new), carpet, slow combustion wood heater. Second living room at the front of the home. Family bathroom with shower over bath. Laundry includes second shower with external access. Lockable GI garage (power connected) with skillion. Solar HWS.
Home has been re-stumped recently. The home is surrounded by a very well maintained & established garden with attractive trees providing a parklike environment.
Extended two stand GI woolshed and steel mesh yards. Four bay GI machinery shed with workshop complete with concrete floor and three phase power with lockable store/tool room. A second four bay machinery shed. Post and rail and steel cattle yards with heavy duty RPM cattle crush, working capacity 60 C&C, stock water in yards. All weather loading for semi-trailers, designed for one man easy flow operation. Hayshed & elevated grain barn and other sundry shedding.
Recently upgraded stock water system with new sub pump on bore (120’deep) pressurized via 60mm poly pipe to all stock troughs, pumps to 5,000g poly tank. Fresh water capacity 12,000 gallons. House dam.
Approximately two thirds of boundary fencing as new, balance in good order. Internal fencing mostly conventional with electric support.
Principally perennial rye grass and sub clover varieties.
20 tons of super phosphate applied annually. 157 kg/ha
28”-29” (700-725ml) rainfall country.
Gently undulating grey loam basalt type soils running heavier black flats with some floating stone.
Generally around 120 autumn calving cows. (118 in 2020) plus 45 yearling heifers and 15 oddments including bulls. Around 1 Cow & Calf per hectare.
COMMENTS: “Marandee” is situated in a very desirable district due to its productivity and versatility, not to mention its proximity to Warrnambool. “Marandee” offers working improvements for both sheep and cattle supported by other farming infrastructure and is complemented by a well-kept extended home set in an attractive garden.